Aldever Resources Inc. Receives Final Permit for Ground Survey of Carter Lake Uranium Project
A Transient EM survey ("TEM"), with a loop size of 1,200 meters by 800 meters, has been designed to examine the most significant subsurface conductive anomalies at Carter Lake. Following up on such anomalies is the principle exploration strategy in the Athabasca Basin and has resulted in the discovery of all of the major uranium deposits and mines in the region, including Fission Uranium Corp.'s ("FCU-TSX") Patterson Lake South deposit.
Aldever expects to commence the survey within the next 30 days, subsequent to completing the ongoing exploration programs at Key Lake Road.
Aldever controls an 80% interest in the Carter Lake Uranium Project, with Unity Energy Corp. ("UTY-TSX.V") controlling the remaining 20%. The Project covers ~1,113 hectares on the Carter Lake Corridor, an exploration zone adjacent, and parallel to, the Patterson Lake Corridor, which hosts two of the most significant recent discoveries in the Athabasca Basin, including Nexgen's Arrow Prospect and Fission's Patterson Lake South Deposit.
The Carter Lake Project lies near the eastern edge of the Clearwater Domain, ~21km northeast of Fission's Patterson Lake property, where last week Fission announced a NI 43-101 resource estimate of over 105 million lbs. U3O8 at their Triple R deposit (Fission press release on January 9, 2015).
The Carter Lake Project borders Alpha Exploration's ("Alpha") Hook Lake Project to the east and ground held by Cameco to the south. Basement depths are estimated at between 400-500m, within the general discovery range of the McArthur River mine. The principal exploration target at Carter Lake is centered upon the ~4.7km of sub-surface conductive anomalies, identified in a 2006 MegaTEM survey and a 2008 VTEM survey, both completed by ESO Uranium Corp. These identified anomalies are interpreted to be representative of prospective conductive horizons, at or above the unconformity and which may be indicative of hydrothermal enrichment.
For further information, please contact:
Clive Massey, President
Aldever Resources Inc.
Phone: (604) 622-1199