Hastings Technology Metals Ltd: Increase in Measured and Indicated Resources at Yangibana
- Measured plus Indicated Resources increased by 6.7% to 13.38 million tonnes
- Total Resources increased to 21.67 million tonnes
- Contained neodymium and praseodymium oxide exceeds 80,000 tonnes in total resources
- Programmes in place for next drilling phase in 2019
JORC Mineral Resources
An updated JORC Mineral Resource estimation has been completed by independent consultant Lynn Widenbar and Associates incorporating the recent drilling results from Bald Hill, Fraser's, Auer and Auer North deposits. The total resources as at October 2018 are as shown in Table 1(see link below). Note that in all resource tables rounding errors may appear. The resources are based on a 0.2%Nd2O3+Pr6O11 cut-off, with a minimum width of 1.0m. 0.5m of dilution at grade from both the hangingwall and the footwall is incorporated into the estimation.
These figures represent a modest increase in total tonnes compared to the previous estimate from 20,996,000 (+3.2%), but a significant increase in Measured plus Indicated Resources (+6.7%), particularly in the Measured category that has increased by 21.1%.
Resources from the deposits that are planned for early development - Bald Hill and Fraser's - are shown in Tables 2 and 3(see link below). Both deposits are within granted Mining Leases held 100% by Hastings.
Following the recent drilling at Auer and Auer North (ASX Release titled "Successful Infill and Extension Drilling at Auer, Auer North" 5th October 2018) , the main increases in total resources are at these deposits as shown in Tables 4 and 5(see link below). Both deposits are within Exploration Licences held 100% by Hastings and the Company will make application for a Mining Lease in the near future.
Longitudinal sections of Auer and Auer North showing accumulation (metre % Nd2O3+Pr6O11) are shown in Figures 1 and 3 (see link below) showing good potential for additional resources particularly at depth along the length of Auer and at Auer North Zone 1. Figures 2 and 4 (see link below) show the resource categorisation for the two deposits.
JORC Mineral Resources for Yangibana, Yangibana West, and Yangibana North are shown in Tables 6, 7 and 8 (see link below) respectively.
Of the total resources at Yangibana, 1,900,000 tonnes are within Mining Lease 09/165 held 100% by Hastings and 269,000 tonnes are within Mining Lease 09/163 in which Hastings holds a 70% interest.
Yangibana West lies within Mining Lease 09/160 held 100% by Hastings. The mineralisation is part of a continuous deposits that extends into Mining Lease 09/159, in which Hastings holds a 70% interest, as Yangibana North.
JORC Mineral Resources at Simon's Find are shown in Table 9(see link below). These resources are located within Mining Lease 09/158 and Exploration Licence 09/1943, both held 100% by Hastings. Additional drilling and metallurgical testwork will be undertaken prior to the application for a second Mining Lease.
JORC Inferred Mineral Resources at Gossan, Lion's Ear, Hook and Kane's Gossan are shown in Table 10(see link below). These deposits are all within Mining Lease 09/159 in which Hastings holds a 70% interest.
A proposed drilling programme for 2019 has been established and will commence with holes testing the large aeromagnetic anomaly reported recently (ASX Release titled "Major Aeromagnetic Target Identified at Yangibana" 8th August 2018).
TERMINOLOGY USED IN THIS REPORT
Total Rare Earths Oxides, TREO, is the sum of the oxides of the light rare earth elements lanthanum (La), cerium (Ce), praseodymium (Pr), neodymium (Nd), and samarium (Sm) and the heavy rare earth elements europium (Eu), gadolinium (Gd), terbium (Tb), dysprosium (Dy), holmium (Ho), erbium (Er), thulium (Tm), ytterbium (Yb), lutetium (Lu), and yttrium (Y).
To view tables and figures, please visit:
About Hastings Technology Metals Ltd:
Hastings Technology Metals Ltd. (ASX:HAS) is a leading Australian rare earths company, with two rare earths projects hosting JORC-compliant resources in Western Australia.
- The Yangibana Project hosts Probable Reserves totaling 5.15 million tonnes at 1.12% TREO including 0.45% Nd2O3+Pr6O11 within JORC Resources totalling 21.0 million tonnes at 1.17% TREO (comprising Measured Resources of 3.9 million tonnes at 1.19% TREO, Indicated Resources of 8.6 million tonnes at 1.25% TREO and Inferred Resources of 8.4 million tonnes at 1.09% TREO), including 0.40% Nd2O3+Pr6O11.
- The Brockman deposit contains JORC Indicated and Inferred Resources totalling 41.4 million tonnes (comprising 32.3mt Indicated Resources and 9.1mt Inferred Resources) at 0.21% TREO, including 0.18% HREO, plus 0.36% Nb2O5 and 0.90% ZrO2.
- Rare earths are critical to a wide variety of current and new technologies, including smart phones, electric vehicles, wind turbines and energy efficient light bulbs.
- The Company aims to capitalise on the strong demand for rare earths permanent magnets created by expanding new technologies.
Hastings Technology Metals Ltd.
Andrew Reid Chief Operating Officer T: +61-8-6117-6118 Andy Border General Manager Exploration T: +61-2-9078-7674